Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Because I Am With You

Doubts enter into the consciousness of the minister of God. Why should I be the one to encourage the flock when I feel so down myself? He asks. The singer feels a bit of weakness in the morning of the big performance. Yet, she steps out onto the stage to glorify God. I can tell you that the writer does not always sit down with a good idea for a devotional each morning. We all face times of doubt that we are remotely qualified to be doing what we are for the Lord. The answer Paul received to his requests for thorn removal seems good to us:

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)

God's grace is sufficient for our doubts, but like little children we sometimes continue in asking, "Why should I do this thing?" Of course if we look only at our weakness and tendency to faint on the roadside, we may never accomplish a thing in the Lord's service. Jesus gave the answer even as He gave the commission, "I am with you always..." The knowledge that keeps many a minister, singer, and writer going in what they do is the same answer. When faced with a time of wondering how to carry on and endure to the end, we all receive that same short answer from God, "Because I Am with you always."

When our strength is but weakness and our endurance amounts to nothing but a desire to fall down by the roadside, Jesus reminds us of His constant presence. A presence of encouraging, strengthening, empowering, and of course His steadfast tender loving care of every sheep in His flock.

Rejoice in Christ!
Bucky

No comments: