Tuesday, June 09, 2015

How Often Apologies

Summer makes its first visit today...I probably already said that last week, or the week before, or sometime back in the day. Hot day expected today, whatever babbling nonsense I may write. How often do you say, "I'm sorry, Lord?" I find myself doing it quite a bit more than I would like. Language of an unsavory nature I learned back in the day still creeps up to the surface every now and then. Sinful thoughts arrive almost before I can stop them. Fortunately, as Jesus has grown in me, I don't have to apologize for quite as many deeds as in the past, but Jesus also said that those thoughts count the same. It's a good thing that my salvation is not about some big scale with the good on one side and the bad on the other.

We live in grace, but that should not lead us to take sin lightly. Apologizing and asking forgiveness of God seems like a daily thing with us. Hmm, could be that Jesus gave us something in the Lord's Prayer that speaks to that. Forgiveness of sins and the word daily occur somewhere in there, probably there is good reason for that. Daily bread, daily forgiveness, the need for both seems to decrease a bit with age. Some great day, we will have no more need for the one, perhaps we can enjoy the other without guilt too.

Have a great Tuesday,
Bucky

No comments: