Friday, June 20, 2014

Raised by What?!

Whew! I didn't realize that many people lived around here until I watched pert near all of 'em parade by yesterday. The truly frightening ones were those who made the turn while both driver and passenger craned their necks over the back seat to see the burned house. Did I mention they had to turn toward a daycare center to do this? I am grateful this morning we didn't have a stupidity-induced accident following the tragedy. By the way, we also had a hail storm on Wednesday night after all else that went on. The garden looks rough, but the plants are young enough they will come right back. Enough tragedy for the week (I hope!), let's talk a little fantasy.

The fantasy story usually gives the poor, lost, and orphaned child loving parents, who, we find out, are searching in vain while he or she is raised by apes or wolves or some other cool animal. Looking around the media waves, I think the animals who raised the most lost people are vultures, sloths, hyenas, lemmings, and loons. Do we not have some better representatives to feature in the news? Is it any wonder we enjoy stories about vampires, werewolves, and zombies? I think it must be because those fantasy characters are just, well, nicer than a lot of people who make the news. We could surely use an answer to all this sinful behavior.

Oh, wait! I think we know a Savior with that answer.

Bucky

No comments: