Thursday, June 28, 2012

We Can Do Better...But It Won't Save Us

Good morning! I want to address yesterday's spiritually weak devotional, but yesterday is gone. I cannot erase the words or take them back. We look forward because Christ is there waiting to bring us home or preparing to come to us in the clouds of His glory. We look to the past not to trample our esteem in the shame and regret of our past actions and words, but to see the saving hand of Jesus at work in our lives. So I hit a foul ball yesterday; today is my time to try for the home run one more time. I can do better than something I did yesterday, but it will not save me. You can do better than that thing you did, but it won't save you. There is a good reason we walk around with 'Jesus saves!' on our lips. We cannot save anyone. My new desire from the Holy Spirit is to save others in the way that I am saved. That way is not of me, but of Christ our Lord. In fact, that way, the man Christ Jesus, is the only way that we can be saved.

We may spend too much time dining with regrets or raking ourselves over the coals of past shame. Today, let us look up to Jesus and spend our time thinking on what He has done in our lives. Let us look out at the harvest ready under the hot sun and go forth in our calling to save the world. Your calling may be at the very workplace Christ has planted you in. Your mission is to show others the changed life that Christ has given you. Trust in Christ to strengthen you to do the right works. Mistakes will be made along the way. Apologize and move on; you are forgiven! Know something that your brother in Christ did that wasn't very Christ-like? Forgive him and move on; he will do the same for you. Does the Devil bring up that thing from your past to make you feel the burn of shame? Forgive yourself and move on! Look to Christ, your sin was paid for on the cross and you are forgiven! Now go live life in Christ!

Bucky

No comments: