Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Little Jesus With Your Coffee?

A drive through town at 0630 or so will convince most anyone that summer is here. Many people out on foot, bicycle, or in vehicles moving around and exercising at that early hour. Winter weather gives us more than one excuse to avoid getting out; summer mornings give us incentive to be out early doing things we enjoy. Good news for all of you praying and working on this little project of mine, the contract for the sale of the house was signed yesterday. I'm celebrating with a banana nut muffin this morning. 4 weeks from yesterday, I'll be moving on to a new home. I do not know where yet, so I cannot give you the details. As the closing of the sale draws closer, I'm sure that a little um, caution, shall we say, may set into my brain. Moving to a new place can be a bit anxious and exciting. Inspections to get out of one house, more inspections before moving into another. Repairs that must be completed or credited in the closing, and many other concerns to address in the process. And we cannot forget all of those heavy boxes and furniture to be moved. Oy! How does one start each day during a time of upheaval? Should I get right to work on something, or should I be quiet first and have a little Jesus with my coffee?

I think that I have tried too much of the first, and not enough of the second. The task list may be long in any endeavor, but we do ourselves no favors by forgetting prayer and devotion with Jesus before we begin. Seek your savior and Lord, ask for strength and patience to endure, and learn from him how to do everything in love. The negotiations and requirements of not just one house sale, but a purchase, lease, or rental on the other side, can wear down our love for others. I have been watched over carefully by the Lord in this time. The house listing posted just 3 weeks ago today and we are under contract already. Not every house sale goes so quickly, and during this Great Recession some have not sold at all. Praise God for your prayers and His answer.

Have a happy day!
Bucky

No comments: