Tuesday, May 24, 2011

You Might Hear Something Wonderful - May 24, 2011

Good Tuesday morning! Lots of rain last night and more expected this evening. A vast swath of the country is on storm alert today. If you own a vast swath you have been put on alert. Keep your vast swath safe! I know it isn't always politically correct to make jokes about alerts and disasters, but I just realized how odd and funny 'vast swath' sounds. Hopefully no one will run a vast swather over your vast swath today. Who would make such a thing? This is the new John Deere Vast Swather for mowing down your very own vast swath. I wonder if Jim Cabela would buy one? I think he lets much of his land 'go native' which doesn't require farm machinery. I didn't sleep long enough last night or got up too early this morning. Evidently ol' Bucky is just a short step from being around the bend today. Go plant that in your vast swath!

We want to listen for the sound of applause, but do we listen for that small voice that is the Lord trying to tell us something? I believe in Jesus and I believe that the Lord is always ready to listen to me. I don't always return the compliment and listen to Him though. Which of us do you suppose has more wisdom to teach the other? Right, I should learn to listen better and more often. A quiet time to listen to the Lord can be difficult to come by in our age. Noise from outside bombards us day and night, and we add to that with our electronic gadgets. The worst noise might even come from our own minds as we agonize in anxiety over what may come. How will the voice of the Lord get through all of that? Setting aside a time of quiet can be tough in our busy schedules as we can make a 'noise' of being busy all day.

We must learn to listen to the Lord though; day or night, morning or evening, the Lord our God has important things to say to each of us. You might even hear the unexpected from the Lord such as: "I am pleased with you." Gah, the Lord pleased with me? As we dredge up a quick list of our imperfections and sins over the past... oh, lifetime or so. Yes, you might be surprised to receive a message just like that. Listen for the Lord's voice! He has great and wonderful things to say. Perhaps even unexpected and surprising things to say that will encourage and strengthen us in our daily walk with Him.

Enjoy the day in Christ!

Bucky

No comments: