Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ding-a-ling Devotional - May 10, 2011

Good Tuesday morning! Does a door keep closing in your face? My nose is starting to get a little flat spot from one particular activity. I tried two different plastic things, then a metal thing, and then went shopping for something online and ran into "out of stock" twice, and finally got the hint that the Lord wants me to try something else; something closer to home if you will. I almost took off on a trip to Cheyenne this morning to spend at least $60 worth of fuel to pick up a $30 item... I got a message after going to bed last night that the item was, you got it, out of stock. Their computer inventory was wrong. Yep, I'm a little slow in this, but I guess I'll go over to the neighborhood store and look at their solutions to my problem.

The wind came up late in the evening yesterday and tried to blow me out the other side of the house. This can be embarrassing when you are clad only in your favorite smiley-face pajamas. When the wind blows through the neighboring houses from a certain direction, it tends to hit one of my windows more than others. If I happen to be in bed and have this window open wide to cool off the house in the evening, the curtain will stand straight out and smack the lamp shade beside my bed making the brass lamp stand ring. Not that I need the extra 'ding' there is enough of that going on in my head already. What? I say something funny? Why is everyone chuckling?

Praise God that he loves me! Even the occasional ding-a-ling devotional is not enough to stop God's love for me. On a day when I get up early only to find that my plan is not the one God would have me to do, I can count on God's love for me. Can you or I sin enough to stop God's love? What kind of spiritual shape were you in when you gave your life to Jesus? That should answer the question quite well, thank you. If Jesus didn't refuse any of us right from the git-go, then he certainly isn't going to lose one of his sheep later on. In fact, I seem to recall a passage in the Bible where Jesus told the Father that he had not lost but one of those given to him. We know that one was Judas Iscariot who betrayed our Lord. If you aren't Judas, and it's likely that if you are reading this you are not that guy, then Jesus isn't going to lose you after you come to Him.

Hmm, the sun is hitting the back of my grape and I see steam rising in the shadow on my screen. I must have started thinking back there a bit.

Bucky

No comments: