Friday, October 09, 2009

A Good Translation - October 9, 2009

Good Friday morning! Did I mention cold yesterday? Well, forget that. It's worse this morning; and we have been told to expect some serious cold over the weekend. Our little town also plays host to two guitarists this weekend...both scheduled on the same day and time at opposite ends of the town. One of the concerts is free. Did someone get booted off some board or something? Is there a scheduling feud that would cause a town of about 6,000 folks to schedule two concerts on the same night and time? I am curious to hear how this little conflict of scheduling came about, but I suppose if variety is the spice of life - we will have a variety of guitarists in town tomorrow! :-)

I like the LWF Bible verse this morning in the King James Version. Some verses can be difficult for us to understand in the older form of English, but other verses sound so very dignified and majestic in the KJV. I always like to hear the Christmas story from Luke 1 & 2 in the KJV on Christmas Eve. The translations of the Bible help us to understand a particular passage, but more important to us is the guidance of the Holy Spirit. You and I might prefer different versions of a Bible translation, but we can come to the same understanding in the Holy Spirit. We see it in our Bible study every week. I may have an unspoken thought that another man will speak aloud in almost the exact words that I have in my mind. He may be reading from the New King James version and I from the New Living Translation, but we have the same understanding in the Holy Spirit.

Another area to apply faith in is the accuracy of your Bible translation. In my Bible, I come upon notes that say: "the meaning of the original Hebrew is uncertain" or something like that. This is where the Holy Spirit will lead us to what He would have us to understand from the verse or passage. Have faith that God will bring you to understand exactly what He would have you to understand at any given point in your life!

Have a great, if cold, weekend in Christ!

Bucky

No comments: