Saturday, May 17, 2008

What a Day may Bring - May 17, 2008

Ah, another Saturday morning, a day of working and relaxing at my own pace... I hope! We do not know what the day will bring, we can only enjoy the moment. When Jesus rode into Jerusalem on the donkey's colt, I think that He did enjoy the moment, but was soon saddened by the sight of Jerusalem and the knowledge of the many who would not believe within that great city. Moment by moment we enjoy and then are sad. In this world sadness follows joy which follows sadness. Love brings togetherness, but also parting, and then reunion. A great day is followed by a miserable day, or a day of relaxation comes after one of intense emotion. All of these things could also happen to us in a single day!

The day may bring the return of Christ, or it may be just another day in the life.. we do not know. Sitting here in my chair, I cannot say for sure what will or will not happen in the next few moments. I can state what is likely based upon past experience, and I can guess what might happen. However, I do not know that a meteorite will not flatten my house, or that the Publisher's Clearing House van will not pull up outside. Neither of those things is very likely! Oops, I just leaned back into the sun coming in the window and now I can't see anything. Ha, blinded by the obvious! The nice morning is turning a bit windy already; it looks like our friend the wind will be with us today.

In all of this unpredictability and doubt, we do have one anchor in whom to trust, Jesus, who loves us dearly. Cling to Him in His Word, the Bible, and cling to Him in spiritual communion. Through all that life throws at us, the Rock is there for us in every way.

God bless and keep you this day,

Bucky

No comments: