Saturday, May 03, 2008

Conflict in the World - May 3, 2008

Good Saturday morning! The bright sunshine belies the cold outside. Yes, May 3 may have a record low this morning. I am struck by the tremendous conflict in me today. On the one hand, I want to hug everyone and tell them that all will be made right if they will only believe in Jesus. On the other hand, I am put off by the scorn and defensive reactions of so many in this world. I fear crowds and being caught somewhere that I cannot get out of, and yet I want to comfort them and make them feel good. Well, that's a good description of our life in Jesus and in this world. All of us, I think, have feelings and thoughts along those same paths. We want to help, and we suffer rejection. Hug the wrong person at work and say "God loves you and so do I!", and you might lose your job. On the other hand, you just might make that person's day and cause them to turn to Jesus and be saved. In this world we will experience conflict, both external and internal. You might look at it as if having no conflict in this world would mean that you are not saved. The Devil will not tempt and try to destroy those who are in no danger of believing in Jesus. God tests us because He loves us and wants us to become more like His Son. The Devil tries to destroy and discourage us, and we are beset with sufferings because he hates us. So, if we are undergoing trials and sufferings... then rejoice, we are saved in Christ Jesus!

Hallelujah to the King of kings!

Bucky

No comments: