Sunday, May 04, 2008

The Good Old Days - May 4, 2008

Good Sunday morning! The weather is more seasonal outside today and promises a fine spring day. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend in Christ Jesus.

The Good Old Days

I know that you have heard that expression before, things were better back in the day, or those were the good old days, and many other expressions of nostalgia. You or I have probably been guilty of speaking or yearning for something like that at times. When I started online courses, I occasionally thought how much better it might be if I went back to the school I left twenty-something years ago. However, I know that it would not have been the same and I am glad that I didn't try to go back to a traditional college. I have also thought of moving back to the town that I was raised in, but again, things are not the same there. Most of my friends and all of my family have moved away from there. Time has passed and we need to learn to be content with what God has sent to us today. If we are honest, we will look back and find the same fears and doubts back in the "good old days" as we have today, only now we have a new savior and a renewed faith. Let us all move forward in Christ and show His glory to the world.

God bless you on this fine day,

Bucky

No comments: