Friday, January 18, 2008

Who's Who? - January 18, 2008

Good morning! I am still recovering from this quite nasty cold thing that has a hold of me. Today's devotional from Pastor Rogers is one of my favorite. Most of us could probably make the "Who's Not" list, and it always gives me a chuckle to read that one. I remember the "Who's Who among..." lists that came out, for all I know they are still published. I didn't make the one for seniors in high school, or college, or any other Who's Who that I know of. My life has been just plain interesting without that and I suspect there are more interesting adventures in store for me. If I ever do make a "Who's Who" list, please forgive me, I can only say "It wasn't my fault!"

Reading today in Jeremiah, I came across a lengthy prophecy against Moab. The Lord had much to say against this people, but at the very end a couple of lines stand out. The Lord promises to restore a remnant of Moab. Just like that, after pages of testimony and judgment against Moab, there is a promise to restore the remnant. We don't know who this remnant was, perhaps a family devoted to God in spite of the idol worship all around them, or even a town who still believed in God. However it came about, and unlike other nations who were totally destroyed, someone in Moab was not forgotten by God. We can take comfort in the fact that God does not forget even one faithful person, no matter how surrounded by idolatry that person may be. Remain faithful and trust in the Creator of all. The Lamb's Book of Life contains the only Who's Who list that really matters!

God bless you this fine Friday,

Bucky

No comments: