Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year's Day - January 1, 2008

Happy New Year! Did you stay up past or until midnight to see the new year in? I did not, and I probably won't next New Year's eve. The new year looks much better in the light of a brand new day. This morning, I couldn't help but think that someone would be having a parade, and it finally and belatedly came to me that this is the day of the Tournament of Roses parade in California. Yes, I am not always swift of thought first thing in the morning. This is why I like to eat breakfast and do some exercise before trying to write the devotional in the morning. Should I take the opportunity to jump out of bed and run to the computer first thing, the devotional may have more than a few strange thoughts bounce through from time to time.

This new year, what will it bring for me? I do resolve to start my writing practice in earnest. This is due to the fact that I have 11 weeks of college left, which starts next Tuesday. Yes, that means that more time can be devoted to the many things that I have put aside to complete my degree. Way back in the day, or more than three years ago, this devotional started going out to just a few folks at the Cabela's corporate HQ. My vision is to work on the spam issue so that everyone who wants to receive this can do so. When college ends, I also want to put more research into the devotionals, and that includes adding more Bible study in small groups. I do apologize, but you will hear more about the college course work coming to a close this year. It has been a long and tiring journey!

God bless you this fine new year!

Bucky

No comments: