Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Place for Us - January 22, 2008

Good morning! The outside air is very cold this morning and I didn't want to leave my warm bed. However, my work awaits me and I am blessed with a warm house with a furnace, at least once I get up and turn it up that is. In this life we often must put something in to get a return. To warm up the house, I must first leave the warm bed. To make money you and I must go to work and put in some effort. We hear sayings like: "nothing in life is free" and others. That is where the strangeness comes into play. Salvation is free, Jesus did all the work. So how do we reconcile that with the world? We don't and we cannot reconcile that with the world. Jesus came from outside the world to perform a miracle from inside the world. Without direct, personal help from God we would still be lost in this world. Let your joy overflow, for God took a personal hand in saving us from the crushing weight of sin in this world!

It isn't your doing, it isn't my doing, it is and was God's doing that saves us from our sins. Then there was more good news! Jesus was killed by the world, and then rose again. Just before leaving this world, He told us that a place would be prepared for us. By "for us", He said that this place would be readied to receive us when the time is right. We do not know the time, but we can rest assured in the promise. We may live for today, but we also live to be with Jesus in that holy place. Praise the name of Jesus!


Enjoy God's peace on this very cold day!

Bucky

No comments: