Monday, January 14, 2008

Our plans and His plans - January 14, 2008

Good Monday morning! Ah yes, the best laid plans and so on... My weekend of homework did not work out so well. That old on-call stuff caused me a lot of grief this weekend. There are times when our plans just do not happen, and we must then make adjustments. Jesus pointed this out to us by reminding us to keep God in our mind when planning something. Should I think that it was God's will that I not get my school work done this weekend? No, I don't think so. This would be a sign of the sin-stained world that we live in. Plans just don't always work out for us.

This morning I read a message from God to Ebed-melech the Ethiopian. "Because you trusted me, I will preserve your life and keep you safe. I, the Lord, have spoken!' (Jer 39:18) What does that remind you of? Yes, it sure looks like the blueprint for salvation. Read John 3:16 and note the similarity. Jesus stated quite plainly that He had come to fulfill the Law and the prophets. His plan of salvation exists to save us and that plan was prepared long before Jesus set foot upon the earth. This plan will not fail, it has the backing of the Father in Heaven and the sacrifice and resurrection of our Lord Jesus to seal the outcome. While our plans may fail, His plans do not and will not fail.

Praise God for His great plan of salvation!

Bucky

No comments: