Sunday, July 08, 2007

July 7, 2007

Good morning and a hot one it is already. That is July around here, not much that we can do about that. Looking over my utility spreadsheet for the past six years in this house, the July bill is always the summer peak for electricity usage. That makes sense, summer begins, the days are long and hot, and the nights short and do not cool down very much. The grass gets a lot of water and the AC runs a lot. This earth-shattering news flash brought to you by ObviousNews! :-)

I took my summer expensive WalMart trip this morning, I should be set on the consumables for a while. I also picked up something that I probably should have done long ago, a personal shredder. All of us should be doing this, and I have been slow to get around to it. A $50 shredder is a relatively inexpensive measure to help prevent identity theft. Of course a shredder does nothing for the Internet stuff that can get any of us in trouble. Back in the day defending your house or herds was about the extent of most people's defensive problems. If a king arrived with an army, a person could become a vassal, be conquered, flee, or fight to the death, and that was about it. Now we can be attacked in so many ways that it is too much ground for anyone to defend. Most people trust in ignorance and luck; I think it better to trust in the Lord first and do what we can second.

I hope that most of you are enjoying some time at the lake or beach on this second Independence Day weekend. I am still in school. Yes, poor pitiful me, but next year it won't be that way; school will be finished and summer will be different. God willing, I will do a lot more writing next year.

May the God of grace and peace be in your heart today!

Bucky

No comments: