Tuesday, July 31, 2007

July 31, 2007

Good morning, let the glory of the Lord shine in you this day! Sometimes I sense that we like to go into our closet and whisper, "Jesus is Lord". The world marshalls its forces against each one of us, and at times we forget whom we walk with. We are not to be undercover agents here on this earth and in this life. Though we are not at home, and living in enemy-held territory, it is not for us to be quiet about our faith. God, the mighty creator of heaven and earth, holds us safely in his hand. With power and authority we go forth in the whole armor of God! Analyze your talents and spiritual gifts, use them in joy for the kingdom of God.

Lately, it seems that a spirit of rebellion has come into me. I don't want to do my classwork, and the house is becoming messy. I have asked the Lord to show me where this is coming from, but please don't be afraid to offer some suggestions. Bible verses that you know or wisdom that you have gained through life may help in this. Sharing is caring as they say! Perhaps the uncertainty that has come upon me lately has something to do with this attitude. The reorganization at work, a trusted counselor moving away, and other trials, seem to have things kind of chaotic right now. Yes, the devotional goes on, one enjoyable and rewarding task that I do like. Jesus told us that his yoke is easy and his burden light, and this devotional is certainly proof of that.

Living in Jesus and feeling the joy!

Bucky

No comments: