Monday, July 16, 2007

July 16, 2007

Good morning. Always Christ is there for me. It does not matter whether it is a normal day or a "bad" day, Christ is there. No, this is not going to be a tale of some lousy day I had, just that this morning I am realizing anew that Christ is always with me and always watching out for me. I am glad that he sits by the right hand of the Father as the Holy Spirit makes intercession for me. Did you ever stop to realize that we really don't know what to pray for much of the time? We often tell God a list of "I wants", many of which may not be best for us. Praise the Lord for his infinite wisdom; He knows exactly what is best for each and every one of us.

Confession: I have a bad case of what a friend referred to as "senioritis". It hardly seems that I can stand another class and yet I am so close to graduation. Have you ever spoken rashly early in life or in a journey and said something like, "that will never happen to me!" How often that comes back to haunt us! Short-timers syndrome, Old Salt fever, senioritis, and many other attitudes and conditions plague those we know or meet in life. We usually take some kind of vow to not let it happen to us and seem to set ourselves up for yet another humbling experience. Probably because we make these promises and vows in our own strength.

God be praised!

Bucky

No comments: