Friday, September 06, 2024

Thorns Of Fame

Nevertheless even among the rulers many believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue; for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.  John 12:42-43

We should not underestimate the allure of fame on those struggling to believe in Jesus our Lord. Having never had even the tiniest sliver of fame, I cannot estimate what it meant to those long ago rulers or those who live with it today. In fact, I'm so infamous that even people I know from phone calls do not recognize me on the street. Wait, is 'infamous' the right word?  However, for those who have experienced fame, I have observed that they do not often want to give it up. Here in our two verses for today, we see the thorns of this world reaching out to grab and strangle the faith of these rulers. A warning for us to beware of those thorns of fame. 

Keep the faith in Jesus!

Bucky

No comments: