Monday, January 16, 2023

To The End

Indeed the LORD has proclaimed
To the end of the world:
“Say to the daughter of Zion,
‘Surely your salvation is coming;
Behold, His reward is with Him,
And His work before Him.' ”
  -- Isaiah 62:11

I did not, as even I'm beginning to think, take a resolution this year to stop writing. The sewer problems continue their 10-day cycle and last week my home PC crashed hard on the monthly Windows update. A few discoveries from this time of trial include that God is still good, the Bible on my table has not broken down, and while I cannot trust the systems and devices of this world, God remains trustworthy and loving to the end.

From the time of Isaiah's prophecy, there has already been a great span of years until now, and none of us know how much further we have to go. To the end of the world then, we and Israel await the return of our Savior and Lord. He is our salvation from the ravages of sin and the mundane little problems that make life here just such an endurance race.

Pray for one another, my friends, God is great and good!

Bucky

No comments: