Thursday, February 18, 2021

Not Doing It Right?

Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Romans 8:26

One day I lifted up my head to count the prayers that I had not, it seemed to me, received an answer for. Was it 10,000? If I prayed for 10,000 days, which according to some is the magic number for full proficiency at a task, ten times on each of those days, then I would have prayed 100,000 prayers without the answers I sought. And it is possible in this life as 10,000 days is approximately 27 1/3 years, so we are not talking unattainable numbers here. But, the thought came to me, what if on each of those prayers on every one of those 10,000 days I had been doing it wrong? What if I didn't know how to pray as I ought? Shouldn't be any surprise to me, it says so right in the Bible! 

Could it be that when I look in the mirror or down at the self, that when I pray, "Lord, we need to fix this," that I am making the wrong request? I think most of the saints have arrived at that sudden revelation and the remainder of us will get there soon. Paul found out about it and wrote to the Roman church in our verse for today. Now, the joyous revelation is that all of those many prayers have not been wasted. Any talking to the Lord is a great place to start, travel through, and end a day. Plus, best of all, our Lord's own Spirit makes intercession for us to present our most needful cause before the Lord. And the Spirit does so with such a piteous groaning that God's love is reminded of our plight every time. We are not doing it right, but our Lord is! 

Make some joyous prayers, our Lord will see them home to Himself!

Bucky

No comments: