Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Paul Voted

Indeed, I myself thought I must do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth. This I also did in Jerusalem, and many of the saints I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I cast my vote against them.  Acts 26:9-10

They may have done so already, with so many early voting opportunities, but today someone may vote against everything you believe in. Paul admitted to once voting against Jesus of Nazareth. This was not for a political office of course, but Paul voted to put to death those who believed in Jesus. Yes, Paul voted against Jesus. Paul?!! So today, as some among us may vote contrary to your or my beliefs and opinions, let us take a breath and know that God can work miracles in the heart of even a 1st century Jewish Pharisee who voted against His Son. That man who wrote those wonderful letters in the New Testament of the Bible, was once firmly and zealously on the other side of the ballot. He voted that our Lord's saved ones be put to death for, of all things, blasphemy. How could Paul be so in the wrong? And yet, he had a vote. Others we consider to be in the wrong have a vote today as well. Will it cost lives? It may. Certainly it has cost many lives since 1973. May all of those who today vote to condemn innocent ones to death be one day converted fully toward the life of Christ as Paul was in his day. 

May the world have a calm day as the Spirit of God works in the hearts of many,

Bucky

No comments: