Thursday, November 05, 2020

A Troublesome Pile of Fallen Weakness

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  2 Corinthians 12:9

Since we enjoy being critical of Brother Paul, I have one critique that occurs right now: when did Paul get to boasting about his infirmities? Where is that list of infirmities in his writings? I want to know how much I am like Paul the great apostle in my infirmities. That might give me a little comfort on a dark day when the pains of age and injury fly home to roost. I have an entire barrelful of fallen weakness to bring to the Lord as He makes perfect His strength. If Paul's list is sufficient, we might have enough together to present to the Lord! Paul may have forgotten to list his infirmities in his eagerness to tell the good news of Jesus Christ. 

We don't have to list our infirmities one to another, God knows our every weakness already. He runs into them daily, and a rather troublesome pile of fallen weakness it is too! When Paul promised to boast of his infirmities, he was telling of his testimony. This is how I was before Christ came into my heart and saved me, and Paul does that in his letters to the churches. We do the same thing in this age by way of bearing witness to the perfect strength of Christ Jesus our Lord. Oh, and that troublesome pile of weakness? Jesus addressed that when He told us to bring the lot of them to Him, for His yoke is easy and His burden light. 

Take a few moments today and bring your weakness to the Lord, and rejoice as His strength rests on us, His saved ones. 

Bucky 

No comments: