Friday, November 27, 2020

Blameless, Get It?

When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless.  Genesis 17:1

We read our verse for today and think of all the work it will mean to become sinless before God. Did God send His Son for nothing? Are we ever to be capable of such a feat of clean living? The Lord said, "be blameless." Like Abraham who went before us, we need a covenant, an agreement with the Lord, in order to become blameless before Him. And that agreement is indeed a meeting of unequals.

Yesterday morning, I got out there with my great new idea for some Christmas lights on my house. Magnetic hooks. Yes, my siding is steel and my gutters are steel and the place where I thought would work best, the soffit, uh, is not. Strike 1. Moving to the siding, I found it to be painted of course, but it is also textured from the factory, and so the magnetic bond was weakened. Strike 2. The bottom of the gutter or the fascia maybe? Aluminum fascia. Strike 3. The gutter turned out to be too flimsy. Strike 4, and I'm way out. It seemed like such a good idea in here where I tried it on stouter metal. The magnets were more than strong enough, it was that base metal that defeated me all around. 

Yes, you can see that Jesus is more than strong enough, in fact He is closely related to the Almighty. We are that flimsy base metal that needs strengthening to make a successful bond together with our Lord. So much are we insufficient for the task that He must rebirth us and start over to make new material. Praise God that along the way He gets rid of that coating of original sin and the texture of worldly living as He makes us new in Christ. Now, when we appear with our Lord Jesus before God, we will be blameless, get it? 

Praise God for His Son's great work in us!

Bucky

No comments: