Wednesday, November 04, 2020

Before I Took My Post

Now it came to pass, in the morning watch, that the LORD looked down upon the army of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and cloud, and He troubled the army of the Egyptians.  Exodus 14:24

Each morning we arise to take up the post for which the Lord has prepared us and brought us to this place. This morning, we all await news of a particular event that took place yesterday, though in this instance that news may be delayed. Before I take up my post on this day, I decided to write to you without looking at the news. For on this day I feel a renewed call to watchfulness in Christ. Whichever way our election goes, we are on the brink of that great thing we eagerly await in the salvation Christ gave to us. Could today be that day in which the twinkling of an eye takes place? Of course it could! 

Remaining watchful is difficult and the days that brought us so much burdensome news leading up to the election did not help. Today, the news may be even worse. I haven't looked yet because the call to write to you came first. However, the verse for today is of great comfort to us as we see the Lord watching over the camp of the enemy army, and then He acts! Certainly the camp of the enemy is troubled today and the symptoms show across our nation and out into the world. Even as we must sleep at night, our Lord remains on watch. 

Confident in the Lord's guard, I'll go to take up my post now,

Bucky

No comments: