Thursday, July 23, 2020

An Answer To A Wicked Heart

“The heart is deceitful above all things,
And desperately wicked;
Who can know it?  Jeremiah 17:9

With that thing onboard, who can steer his ship to the safe harbor and the lands of eternal joy? The heart of man is of course that wicked thing seeking to wreck the entire ship. We are presented with this verse from Jeremiah quite often, as though we needed yet another reminder of how little we know about our own heart and how wicked and deceitful and... Is there no hope for us with this enemy cannon in the midst of us going off at every opportunity? 

Well, yes, there is the Lord's answer in the next verse: 

I, the LORD, search the heart,
I test the mind,
Even to give every man according to his ways,
According to the fruit of his doings.

The Lord knows all that goes on in that wicked and deceitful heart of each believer in Christ the Lord. Who can know it? The Lord can and does! What is His answer to this wickedness and deceit? Jeremiah gets there in verse 14:

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed;
Save me, and I shall be saved,
For You are my praise.

The Lord lets our heart go its wicked way just to the point where we know whom to call on for salvation. Can I get an "Amen" brothers and sisters in Christ? 

Bucky

No comments: