Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Not One Is Missing

Lift up your eyes on high,
And see who has created these things,
Who brings out their host by number;
He calls them all by name,
By the greatness of His might
And the strength of His power;
Not one is missing.    Isaiah 40:26 

What in your life would you miss today if it were suddenly taken away from everyone? Smart phones? A little app like Netflix maybe? How about an operating system such as Windows 10? I can answer to that last one; if I did not have a backup PC at work, then no writing the devotional for today! Yes, an update tried to install last night and no PC for me this morning. Now who is going to fix my PC?

Something missing from everyone and everywhere would be a real attention-getter to those left behind, don't you think? That is of course a big part of the Rapture of the Church coming along any day now. However, for God, who will give the word for that moment in time when all those who believe are snatched away from this world, not one is missing of those He will reunite with His Son. He knows all things by name, and as it stands to reason that you and I are a part of that set of all things, then we too are known by name by the Lord God Almighty.

Rest in that knowledge today!

Bucky

P.S. I guess I know my project for this evening.

No comments: