Thursday, July 11, 2019

Your Will or His?

I would hasten my escape
​​From the windy storm and tempest. Psalm 55:8

We agree with the psalmist, David in this case, and we too would hasten our escape from this world. Whether by way of the Rapture or through calling it quits on this world soon, we would be glad to be gone.

John may have groaned a bit when he heard the Lord say that he would be staying through to the end. Old age brings with it some sufferings, and there is something to be wished for in an early exit. Jesus also told Peter that he too would be staying on for a bit, but his end didn't sound quite so easy. Both disciples likely had an 'I would' available to them, just like you and me do, but we also know whose will is going to happen. When we pray that God's will be done, we are repenting of that 'I would', just as David brought his psalm to a close with, "But I will trust in You."

For those who do not yet believe, we may be here for a bit or we may be gone soon, but we will to do His will, and will pray for you and His salvation.

In Christ the Lord,
Bucky

No comments: