Wednesday, July 03, 2019

Gentle Cords

I drew them with gentle cords,
​​With bands of love,
​​And I was to them as those who take the yoke from their neck.
​​I stooped and fed them. Hosea 11:4

After I gave my life to Jesus, I waited to feel the tug of His chains and felt nothing. I read the verses about being guided to the right or left, and waited for the pull on me to either side. Yet I felt nothing. It seemed that every decision was mine alone and the consequences were often too much for a person to bear on his own. The Lord foretold of hooks in the jaws to Sennacherib who had spoken proudly before the Lord after being given strength and purpose to accomplish a mission. That sounds a bit more like what I expected. But that is what God has for those who would stand proudly against Him.

The verse for today explains why we do not feel what that enemy whispers to us. The Lord our God uses bands of love, gentle cords to lead us. We are not yanked around like the proud ones, but led gently with love. The Lord removes the yoke of sin's payment from our neck and stoops to feed us. Those whispers of the enemy are lies. Trust in the Lord as He leads us gently in His love!

Gentle in love, our Lord.

Bucky

No comments: