Monday, October 29, 2018

The Lovely Names

Then David said to the Philistine, “You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 1 Samuel 17:45

The boss walked in and called me by a new name Friday. "Screwgun," he stated as he walked into the office. I'm going to put it on my business card. It is also my recent promotion up the ladder from "Boy". These names are not so lovely as our Lord's names, but so much better than what my drill instructors used to call me back in the day.

Our Lord's names come from throughout His word, but a few are: Wonderful, Counselor, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Ancient of Days, and Immanuel. Lovely names! Immanuel is the one I like to recall often in this life. When times are difficult, Immanuel. When it is time to celebrate, Immanuel. Every time for prayer, Immanuel - translated, God with us. But it is more personal than that too, for each of us must say, "God with me!" as we know His lovely names more and more.

Praise the name of Jesus, Immanuel!
Bucky

No comments: