Thursday, February 15, 2018

Worn Out

He shall speak words against the Most High,
and shall wear out the saints of the Most High,
and shall think to change the times and the law;
and they shall be given into his hand
for a time, times, and half a time. Daniel 7:25 ESV

Another mass shooting, do you feel worn out yet? The only reason I do not is a higher power, for it is not in myself to have the strength to stand before so many news stories of this type. Jesus, the Son of the Most High God, is the reason I can go on and even write about this thing. I place my faith in the One who has made me a saint of the Most High. My Lord Jesus is the only way I can see to rejoice in the Lord always while I see once again the story of another murder of children in school. My brothers and sisters in Christ will face similar feelings on this day.

A spirit of murder stalks our land. I do not know if the time, times and half a time has begun yet, but it surely does seem that so many have been given into the hand of this evil power. Some would blame the existence of firearms, but they and other weapons are only tools of this spirit, and tools can be used for other purposes. Willing servants of this evil power abound in our land and they are already past any wall we can build. (Whether a wall might stop other persons of evil intent who are outside our borders is not our subject for today.) The servants we might stop at times, but the ones who get through are doing great harm to our nation. What we need is a savior, someone with the power to know what is going on inside the mind of those who would plot to murder and then carry out their evil schemes. What we have is a direct communication channel to the Most High God that is called prayer.

...and the world cried, "Useless!" among other derogatory and faithless words concerning our mental state and intelligence.

Yes, stopping to pray to God for salvation from this thing will set us at odds with the powers of this world. To those who do not believe in our Lord Jesus we will appear foolish and weak. I'm okay with that, as long as they begin to understand that the One I pray to is neither of those things. And when enough of us believe and ask of Him in humility and love, I believe He will act. Let us mourn the fallen and come to our Lord in prayer.

Bucky

No comments: