Saturday, February 24, 2018

Somehow We Know

Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning,
For in You do I trust;
Cause me to know the way in which I should walk,
For I lift up my soul to You. Psalm 143:8

Take only this verse for this morning and examine the One to whom this is addressed. Wait, all we get is 'Your' and 'You', yet we know just like the translator did to put a capital on those words for they are addressed to our Lord. Somehow we know.

Could it be the lovingkindness? A word used often of our Lord. How about lifting up the soul? For something so valuable to each of us, only the Lord will do for entrusting our soul. But people throughout history have been easily misguided and led astray to many strange ends. Here we also see the prayer - cause me to hear Your lovingkindness and cause me to know the way. We know the words of praise and prayer to the Lord by the Spirit in us, but we are born fallen and need the guidance of our Lord to return to Him. Even born again in Christ we need His guidance as we walk with Him on this life's journey.

Somehow we know the prayer of a man lifting up his soul to God, probably by the leading of the Spirit in us to pray for those same things. So close do we draw to our Lord and each other that we may even know this to be a psalm of David, and indeed it is. "Hear my prayer, O Lord," "deliver me, O Lord," and "Revive me, O Lord," resound in this psalm and in our hearts as our brother calls out to his Savior. We know through our Lord!

Bucky

No comments: