Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Big Changes In The Storm

​I would hasten my escape
​​From the windy storm and tempest. Psalm 55:8

Every time my faith is tested and strengthened I want to do as David contemplates here in the verse for today. Yes, I cry out to the Lord to hasten my escape almost from the moment the storm's wind beats on my door. I am much like my brothers and sisters in Christ in this.

We like the times of calm seas for sailing, a sunny temperate day for walking, and a full pantry for eating. However no one becomes stronger in the faith in those times. Anyone could remain true to the Lord if faith were never tested. A quiet repose after an easy life shows little of faith, but faithfully praising God through a storm of epic proportions shows a strengthened faith upheld by the Lord Himself. And that storm can bring big changes in life that show our need for faith in Him.

As we close out February of this year, many are facing big changes. Saying farewell to a company that provided a job for years, leaving a town and home that have been theirs for decades, and all the emotional upheaval that entails is coming for many in this area. Pray for a strengthening of their faith and ours as the storm is upon us. Those left behind will need faith too, as the economic loss will affect them for good or bad. Steadfast endurance is called for, as the recovery from such a loss may take years. In all of these storms and changes though, our Lord Jesus Christ remains faithfully with us.

Fear not, rejoice in the strengthening of our faith in Christ!

Bucky

No comments: