Wednesday, October 18, 2017

The Troubled Sea

“I create the fruit of the lips:
​​Peace, peace to him who is far off and to him who is near,”
​​Says the LORD,
​​“And I will heal him.”
​​But the wicked are like the troubled sea,
​​When it cannot rest,
​​Whose waters cast up mire and dirt.
​
​​“There is no peace,”
​​Says my God, “for the wicked.”  Isaiah 57:19-21

A little window on the world opens up before me by this modern marvel the Internet, and yet what do I see but a troubled sea. Knowledge has increased but love has grown cold. Peace abounds throughout the world, but war is threatened almost everywhere. People rush about busying themselves out of the fear and despair they carry with them. All of this foretold thousands of years ago by our Lord.

The sea of the world is troubled greatly, but the Lord God told us all of this would happen. Our Lord is on top of this! He knows all about it! God is not caught by surprise, nor did the message come to Him in the dead of night. A red telephone in His heavenly office did not suddenly ring with the bad news. If the Lord God is quite on top of all of this troubling news and He foretold it so long ago that it seems ancient history to me, then I have no need to worry over it. The darkness appears to grow and overwhelm, but it's all the last big show of this world's powers; and all it means is that my Lord Jesus is coming again soon.

Comforting peace in the Lord Jesus Christ to you on this day,
Bucky

No comments: