Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Room For Learning?

“But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren. Matthew 23:8

We've been eclipsed; Sidney is now more than 150 years old, and our navy is beginning to look like the worst driver in the parking lot. In more earth-rumbling news, this is my first day cooking on cast iron, and my eggs got a bit mussed up; might be some room for learning in some of that news for today.

I see from our verse today that I no longer need worry about adding 'sisteren' to be politically correct. Jesus my Lord stated quite plainly to all gathered there to learn from Him that we are all brethren. One Lord, one Teacher, and all of us students in the faith equal one to another. Paul may not have allowed the women to instruct the men, but he made allowance for the time and place. We, who live now, have room for learning that men do not need to cast women down to be men. We can, in Christ, submit one to another - man to woman and woman to man - as students and disciples of our Lord Jesus.

Have I ever had trouble with a woman teacher of the word of God? Sure I have! There was the one who had such a physical attraction to my manly eyes that I couldn't keep my mind in the right place. Not her fault, I had to leave that one behind to avoid sin. Then there was the one with the voice that grated in mine ears until I doth screecheth in pain. Again, not her fault and nothing wrong with her ministry, also I have heard men with a similar effect in their voices to my ears. We are all fallen, and some of us lost sheep are saved through the Christ, but there is no reason for any of us to put down another. A quick look through the Bible and we see men and women of staggering faults and sins. Since each of us gathered here is chosen and saved by the Lord, we have joined a group of people with, sorry to be the one to tell it, staggering faults and sins. I guess we all fit right in. Yup, guess I do too, Lord. Thank You for choosing me as one of Your found sheeps!

Love in Christ Jesus,
Bucky

No comments: