Thursday, August 11, 2016

Where in the World is My Inspiration?

The lament of songwriters, novel writers, poem writers, and just about every kind of writer you might imagine. We go through times of seeking and it would seem not finding, but that may be only impatience. What does the Bible say about inspiration?

But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding. (Job 32:8)

Hmm, maybe I seek inspiration for the wrong ends? The desire to use inspiration for my ends may be the problem. Sitting down at the Bible to study God's word, I receive inspiration that I may understand what God has said. Sitting down to create something for my own use may not be a proper use of inspiration and so nothing happens.

Scripture is given by inspiration. I didn't make this up; it says so right in the word!

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

Therefore, as scripture and understanding are given by inspiration, it may well be that seeking inspiration to make a few bucks may not be how the Spirit in my inspiration will be used? Actually, I believe that I worry over nothing. All of my life is given to God, and if He should inspire me or you to write fiction, or Bible lessons, or songs, or poems, or 247-page technical directions to the biphling flange on the next space shuttle replacement vessel, then write in the Spirit and be inspired!

God's grace to you and me and everybody!
Bucky

No comments: