Thursday, August 18, 2016

Be Wise and Serve the Lord

What sort of arm-twisting will it take to make me admit that I don't always want to serve the Lord? Not much, I will honestly admit to a self-serving attitude because I catch myself at it so often. So often I fear the Lord's service in the wrong way too, such as location. If I serve the Lord He will surely send me to some remote town where drugs are readily available, everyone knows every mistake you have ever made, and jobs are few and far between. Well, yes, but...it isn't so bad here, and in fact I praise the Lord for my location quite often. If in my self-serving way I seek some paradise on Earth, I'm not going to find it. Adam and Eve were banned from Eden, and that was the last of our access to Paradise. City, town, village, hometown, they all have their problems, challenges, advantages and disadvantages.

If kings and judges need the instruction of service to the Lord, I suppose it isn't too far-fetched to think that I need the same instruction and wisdom that comes from the Lord's service.

Now therefore, be wise, O kings;
​​Be instructed, you judges of the earth.
Serve the LORD with fear,
​​And rejoice with trembling. Psalm 2: 10-11.

Now, what do we do when His service seems so overwhelming? "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matt 11:28) Amen.

Bucky

No comments: