Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Quick As Lightning

For years I have aspired to take title to today's title, but no one to my knowledge has described me with anything but gentle sarcasm as being quick as lightning. Okay, sometimes that sarcasm hasn't been gentle at all, but the fact remains that in my athletic pursuits and most other activities other expressions were used of me. Thus far in this life I just haven't found it in me to run quickly, and when it comes to most decisions I like to ponder things for a bit. There is of course one decision that we dare not put off, or one day the lightning may catch a person unprepared like a foolish bridesmaid.

"For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be." (Matt 24:27)

We have already seen that I have little chance of outrunning lightning. But I am in good company there for even the fastest sprinter cannot outrun the flash of lightning as it strikes in the east and flashes to the west. The return of Jesus will be so quick that those who are unprepared, like those bridesmaids who let their oil lamps run out of fuel in the parable, will find themselves left outside as the celebration begins. So many people today are trying to outrun the lightning, but His day is coming, as promised.

May your day be one of blessing in the goodness of Christ Jesus,

Bucky

No comments: