Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Patient Pain

My pain is patient; why do I have trouble being patient? In the olden times when I was a youngster, I could do repetitive motions forever it seemed and not hurt. Now these many years later, I have patient pain. That is, the pain from some innocent and repeated motion won't hurt right away, perhaps not even that day. Then, a day or two later, I'm reaching for the pain relievers. So, if my pain can patiently lie in wait for a day, why does it seem that I am growing less patient as the years roll over me?

When I have something to say, though I am usually a man of few words, I want to say it, and I don't want to wait around. Where did this impatience come from? It may be from a feeling that time is short for us, or maybe it's just me cracking up as old age draws near. I have a feeling kind of way back in my heart and mind that the Rapture is near. That would be an us feeling for I most certainly want all of my brothers and sisters in Christ to go with Jesus at the same time. Separations are just too painful these days.

All of these things add up to a life. Nothing abnormal or unusual in feeling that my time is shorter than it was as middle age stomps around on my life with its hobnailed boots. However, Jesus let us know that endurance and patience were qualities to strive for as we grow in Him. Reading in the Revelation, we find reminders of the patience of the saints, pretty much in those very words, (Rev 14:12, 13:10), and a little note in the Gospels that "He who endures to the end will be saved." (Matt 10:22). I guess the lesson I must learn is to be patient along with my pain. Are you sure I can't learn this from patient fun?

Have a joyous day in Christ!

Bucky

No comments: