Tuesday, March 22, 2016

A Sign of Ominous Doom

I woke up this morning with the word of the Lord, "And know that I am always with you." Goodness, what is going to happen? I wondered with a feeling of ominous doom creeping over me. NO! That is not a sign of ominous doom but a loving reminder that Jesus is always here and near and right where we need Him to be. The flesh, the enemy, the world or whatever seems to want me in a state of constant fear, but it need not be so. Faith, that is the answer to the creeping attack of fear.

Faith reminds me that God loves me and His goodness constantly overshadows me. Faith tells of the day when Jesus will return and the times when He saw me through a tough moment. Faith brings to mind the story of a child born in a manger, a boatload of frightened disciples, and one who gained the courage to step out of the boat through his Savior. Faith helps me to recall that the Revelation does not end with the terrible plagues of judgment but with the eternal reward of the Lord. God's love brought me the things I should remember like mercy, peace, patience, hope, joy, and of course, self-control.

The duties of the day are quite enough without me adding groundless fear into the mix. Why stare at a horror show of imagination when my Lord walks with me?

In Christ,
Bucky

No comments: