Friday, December 18, 2015

The Gift We Get Each Year

Christmas, one week from today, hooray! The struggle to give the right and proper gift comes to us all. What to get for the man who has everything? What to get for the mom who says that anything will do? The former kind of excludes all and the latter doesn't help narrow it down much. Eeek! Holiday stress! Then, there is that gift we get every year.

No, I'm not talking fruitcake here. Each year at Christmas, we receive from God the Father an "I love you!" It seems just a little more beautiful and a bit more joyous than the love God gives each day. Not that God's love is any less on those other days, the difference is in the perception of the imperfect ones receiving the gift. At Christmas we are reminded of God's great love in that special way that says, "Jesus!" We celebrate the birth of the Christ, and that adds a special kind of love to God's Christmas gift.

Next Friday, when God gives me that special Christmas gift of His, I believe I'll take notice and do my best to give a special thanksgiving for His great gift. Have a merrier Christmas in God's love!

Bucky

No comments: