Monday, December 21, 2015

Ho Hum, It's Christmas Week

Christmas shopping for weeks, the Nutcracker already done, too many Scrooge/Christmas Carols watched and read; and It's a Wonderful Life I've seen twice this year - once in B/W and once in colorized. One more Christmas song and I'll give up the whole thing for Lent. What happened? Did I peak too early in my holiday celebrations or is it just a Monday?

It's easy to get weary during a month-long celebration. We don't have the endurance or strength for a holiday this long. In fact, if I didn't have a chance to take a break with some work, I'm not sure I could go on. Is it possible to have too much of a good thing? In this life, I do believe that is quite possible.

Physically we tire quite easily, emotionally we may go on a bit longer, but in time we will grow weary there too. So, how are we going to make it through an eternal celebration? Of course, as Paul was kind to point out, something must change. The corruptible must put on incorruption. The failing flesh must be reborn of the Spirit, and as Nicodemus found it must be different than our first birth. We need God to prep us for the eternal celebration of life in Christ! Praise God, He is doing just that.

Have a Merry Christmas this week!

Bucky

No comments: