Monday, December 28, 2015

Heal One, Release Another?

Good Monday morning in the between the holidays season! Lots of folks take this week off and I am glad for them. Others will go to work much like normal today with the exception that all the kids off from school will be laughing at us. Then there are those few who are fighting off the Grim Reaper in this season of the year. My former neighbor in Sidney is one such person. I have followed his struggles on Facebook and prayed many a time but still the battle goes on. What do we say when the prayers for healing seem to go unanswered and it appears that God is silent? That is always a tough one.

God is good and He acts in love. This I believe in faith. I cannot prove it based on my anecdotal evidence of medical cases. I have seen many healed slowly after serving time in the ICU, enduring surgery, graduating to the general ward, and finally released to recover at home. I have heard of miraculous healing taking place too - no time in the ICU! Then there are those cases where the release is from this life. Which of them is God's will? All of them, or maybe none of them?

I don't recall the Bible mentioning a hospital in the Garden of Eden. Our need for healing may only come from Adam's decision to go it apart from God by his disobedience. All the sickness and injury we experience in this world may be different forms of those thorns the cursed earth brings forth. All of them hurt us but some drive deeper than others even to the point of death. Is it any wonder our Lord was crowned with thorns by the world?

In Christ,
Bucky

No comments: