Thursday, December 03, 2015

Someone Attacked Christmas Yesterday

Speculation about the motives of the killers will run rampant in the news media today, but I am concerned most about the attack on my faith. No one tried to shut down my Bible study yesterday and no one that I know of tried to stop my devotional or interfere with my prayers to God. Yet, somehow I feel that my faith was attacked because the killers targeted a Christmas party. I also realize that while Santa Claus may have been invited to this particular Christmas party, Christ the Lord may have been kept waiting outside. Still, I feel that because my Lord lent His name and title to the holiday party then anyone trying to end a party by murder must have something against Jesus. Therefore, I will take up that best weapon against evil in the world - the sword of the Word of God!

So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying:“Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.” (Matt 1:22-23)

God is with us even and perhaps especially when the world seems a very dangerous and evil place to live. As we go to a Christmas party or to decorate a home or office for this holiday of our Lord's birth, let us remember that this anti-Christ evil has a very limited time. No matter how many fall to the guns of the murderers they cannot change the fact that our Lord Jesus was born of the virgin Mary and He is coming back soon!

Immanuel,
Bucky

No comments: