Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Tower of Thought I Knew So Much

In ancient days, the peoples and rulers built towers of great strength, many of which were built well enough that they stand today. If you read tales of the medieval times or play the role playing games that feature knights and dragons and such, you will be familiar with towers and keeps and castles. In the life of a Christian, especially prior to salvation, we tend to build these strong places in our minds. Today, technically speaking since 3:00am or so is in fact today, I thought of one of those towers of old. The Tower of Thought I Knew So Much is one that my Lord Jesus has thrown down more than once in my life. You may have built similar towers at times like, maybe, the Tower of My Great Strength or the Tower of I'm Gonna Be Rich and Famous just to name a couple that our Lord must throw down to find the lost sheep of His who wandered inside.

We have a bad habit of building these imaginary strong places and then locking ourselves in for an extended stay. Some folks even think that salvation depends upon a strong place like the Castle of Self-Righteousness. A lot of effort and time goes into building these strongholds and they work no better for saving our eternal life than those times when I occupied the Tower of Thought I Knew So Much. Praise God that our Lord Jesus has the siege engines, battering rams, and engineering knowledge to knock down these precious towers of ours. The Lord must be our strong place; His salvation is our refuge.

Go forth, good knight, in Christ Jesus!

Bucky

No comments: