Friday, May 03, 2013

Peace For The Moment

Today I cannot take credit for the title. The glory belongs to God in this one. If you listen to Christian radio, you may have heard the latest song by the Sidewalk Prophets. This one comes at what can only be described as a God arranged time or timing. The song is titled Help Me Find It and I think you will hear Christians talking about this one a lot. We all run into those moments when we just are not sure which way God wants us to go. Often we fail to ask, other times there seems to be no answer to our prayer, and then we may be in the will of God and not realize it. The chorus or hook of the song goes like this, "If there's a road I should walk, help me find it. If I need to be still, give me peace for the moment. Whatever Your will, can you help me find it?"

This describes my feeling in this time of my life so very accurately, and I am sure the song was not written with only me in mind. All of us who believe in Christ and have given our lives to Jesus want to know the will of the Father. Jesus prayed, "Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not My will, but Yours, be done." (Luke 22:42) I have one fulfilled promise to bear witness to in this time, I am in a time of tribulation. I too would like this cup to be taken away from me, but following the example of my Lord Jesus, not my will, Father, but Yours, be done.

I'll admit it; I don't like tribulation. Jesus didn't want His great tribulation, but He did it because it was the Father's will. You don't want your tribulations either. However, for each of us finding the will of the Father probably leads right directly through this current tribulation and all the ones yet to come. Our time of non-ending forever green valleys and still waters will come, but it is not yet. One day we will start forever, forever, and ever with our Lord Jesus, but for now we have tribulations. Some tribulations require our action, others require our waiting upon the Lord. For those times, we must ask God to grant us peace for the moment.

Bucky

No comments: