Tuesday, May 07, 2013

I'm Glad When I Agree With The Lord

Good Tuesday morning! Not that long ago, I wanted the Lord to agree with me. I'm going to do this, Lord, please bless it and make me successful. My prayers varied a little, but that is basically the line I used repeatedly. I guess I had the persistence part down right, but was a little hazy on whose will should be done in my life. Now, I worry less about the Lord agreeing with me, and work a lot more on my will lining up with the Lord's will so that His name is glorified in my life. But even that is only a step in the right direction. Better still would be to be in complete agreement with the Lord and jump to obedience with His will in my life. I'm glad when I agree with the Lord. That is a sign of my heart moving closer to God's heart.

King David was known as a man after God's own heart. This was not some idle opinion or a good guess. In 1 Samuel 13:14, Samuel tells Saul that he has done foolishly (Pick a king and say that, I dare you!) and that "the Lord has sought for himself a man after His own heart, and the Lord has commanded him to be commander over His people..." In Acts 13:22, Paul confirms that this was David. When David committed terrible sins, he agreed with God that it was sin (Psalm 51) and that God alone was the answer to his iniquity. We are not in agreement with God when we sin, but we can agree with God by repenting - thus acknowledging with Him that it is sin - and seeking His mercy. To obtain God's mercy, we first agree with God that we need it.

The same goes for our salvation. We first agree with God that we are sinners, and then we agree with God that Jesus is the only way to be saved. After that, God begins our training in earnest and we find ourselves agreeing with God more and more. In fact, when we arrive in Heaven, we will have been made in full agreement with the Lord that we belong there. Seems a bit of a stretch now, I'll admit, but God is in charge of this operation, not me. Think about it though, could any of us face God on His throne if we had the slightest doubt about our wedding garments? Nope, God will make sure the bride of His Son is ready.

Praise God for the new day!
Bucky

No comments: