Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Breakfast in the BooHoo Valley, Again

Good morning! I heard thunder late in the night. Could it be that spring is here to stay now? Speaking of spring, I guess I won't be sowing my wild oats again this spring. It seems that my old oats are stale. Boohoo. A hip hurts today, a throat hurt yesterday, and I can hardly wait for what will hurt later on. Boohoo. I was supposed to have bacon and eggs this morning, but I forgot and put the water on for oatmeal. I guess my old memory just isn't what it used to be, or maybe it's exactly what it used to be and I just forgot. Boohoo. God's provision hasn't arrived yet to make me as wealthy as King Midas, I guess it's just another day of scraping by. Boohoo. Even the whistle on the tea kettle seems weak and sick today, just like poor, pitiful me. Boohoo.

Do you ever get up on a day and feel like that? Everything is against me, God doesn't care anymore, and I'm just going to have breakfast in the Boohoo Valley! We most certainly know that God doesn't have apathy in His heart for us, so there may be a problem with the rest of our moaning as well. If God does care for us, and we know from His word that He does, then looking at the day in a new light may be more appropriate. The birds are back from wherever they spend the winter. The trees are showing signs of life after their long winter. I walked many blocks this morning and we enjoyed a wonderful Bible study yesterday. I have food to eat, clothing to wear, shelter from the thunder, and a garden to plant. Hmm, perhaps it's time to transport my breakfast onto the Peak of Blessing.

Often we fall into a deep inspection of all that appears wrong in our lives. Instead, we should look to our Savior and Lord. Eternal life, what would we endure in the here and now in exchange for eternal life, if we could save ourselves that is? Too late, Jesus endured what needed to be done to save us. Such love we do not deserve, yet we have it in Christ. That doesn't sound so bad. This grace is available every day in every trial. I don't think that is something to boohoo over at all. Trust says that all we need will come from God at just the right time. That doesn't sound so bad either. I don't have to keep and be responsible for something that I don't have yet, because God is taking care of it for now. Let God's grace, mercy, and lovingkindness raise me up to the Peak of Blessing today, I don't need to breakfast down here in the Boohoo Valley again.

God bless and keep you on this great day in Christ!
Bucky

P.S. I caught myself fist bumping the truck and reassuring it that we would drive again. Is this a small expression of faith, or do I need to have my head examined? I'll let you decide that one. :-)

No comments: