Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Good Days Ahead! - April 13, 2011

The best part of waking up has nothing to do with some brand of coffee. The best part of waking up is greeting the Lord one more time and knowing that He loves me. I don't know where everyone is today, but even if you are waking up in a hospital, the Lord loves you with his perfectly abiding love. The cross has not been cancelled, the resurrection has not been postponed, and the love of Jesus for those he died for is still as strong as it ever was. If you are waking up in a position of weakness this morning - and isn't the hospital an example of that! - you might even have a bigger measure of God's love today. In 2 Corinthians 12:9 Paul states: But [the Lord] said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." We often forget that God's power is made perfect in our weakness. In our despair at the treachery of our fallen bodies the strength of the almighty God seems far away. Paul was not perfect, God had to remind him too that God's grace was sufficient for his needs. We want to be strong, but we forget that each time we are weak is an opportunity for God to show His power. Waking up strong and ready to face the day we may not remember to thank the Lord for the night's rest or the possibilities and opportunities in the new day. When we wake up in weakness, calling out to the power of the Lord may be the first thing on our minds. God is glorified in our weakness! We can train our minds to wake up thanking the Lord on the good days, even if the good days become a bit hard to come by as we rack up the days in a long life. Of course, good days are relative to bad days. Many years have passed since I last woke up in a hospital bed, but those hospital days remind me that almost every day is a good day when I am not waking up in a hospital. Praise God for all those good days he has brought me over the years! I pray that you will have a grateful, good day in Christ! Bucky

No comments: