Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Don't Know the Time - May 26, 2009

Good Tuesday morning! I am back from the Memorial Day holiday, though I didn't physically leave for more than a few hours, but I am back writing to you! :-)

The beginning of Genesis, which is also the beginning of all as we know it, brought me to thinking of the end of everything as we know it. Suppose for a moment that I had a scientific announcement today. I have discovered an element called apocalyptium that has an atomic pulse that seems to be slowing down. I named this element after the apocalypse because of this apparent countdown timer. With the proper writing (big words, dull tone, etc.) I present my findings and the world goes a little nuts. The finding of some atomic countdown means nothing to God's timetable unless He wants it to mean something. When seeking for signs of the end, we all naturally want something that says "this date". However, Jesus told us very clearly that we will have no idea of the specific day when He will return. As you can see from the LWF devotional, Pastor Rogers thought of this same thing back in his day. You or I might discover six apparent things counting down to zero and all of the them together might not have anything at all to do with Jesus' return. We have an interesting thing in our human minds that rebels against simply believing Jesus when He said, "no man will know." The peace that Jesus gives allows us to believe Him, and we simply accept that some things are unknown to us in this lifetime. We know that Jesus will return; we don't know when. Live in Jesus, live in peace.

Go forth in the love of Jesus this day!

Bucky

No comments: